Friday, May 23, 2008

Death Of A Salesman



Why go to the work of thinking up stuff when you can steal it? Did I say steal it? Sorry, borrow it.



The job of salesman (salesperson?) has always fascinated me because I'm not very good at it. Wish I was because it is a job you can take anywhere. I was in international finance and the smart money said you had to live in New York, London, or at worst, Chicago to make a living. I proved that wrong but the career category is not very portable.



Sales is. If you're good you can live anywhere. The guy building the million dollar house next to ours is a salesman for IBM working out of his house. And he builds houses in his spare time. What a life.



So think about it but read this by Ben Stein first.



Ten Ways to Blow a Sale



by Ben Stein





Good (599 Ratings)
2.582644/5