Tuesday, July 15, 2008

June 2008 Goals Update



Plod and trod. Here we go. Q2 2008 closed and there’s not much to tell on the half year update.


Goal #1

Specific - Contribute to my 401k plan


Last month I wrote that I was considering bumping this up. In the meantime however, I am eligible for the Employee Stock Purchasing Plan now. So I’m still contributing to the 401k, and increasing my after-tax savings.


Grade: Pass


Goal #2

Specific - Reduce my credit card debt

Measurable - By 50% or $9,137 (rounded up to $10K)

Achievable - Monthly payments of $762


I cannot see the forest for the trees here. But examining my balances closely, I see I have not done well and realistically, I’ll only be down to about $10.5K by Christmas.


Grade: Fail, perhaps terminally.


New Goal #3:

Specific - Reduce my credit card debt on my highest balance card ~$13K

Measurable - By 50%

Achievable - ~$825 a month


I put down about $1800 on this card last month and another $850 in July. I think I can salvage this new/revised goal for the end of the year. I think I can. I think I can.


Grade: Pass



No comments: