Monday, April 7, 2008

Cramer’s TheStreet.com Sneaky?



I start by giving a hat tip to Don Harrold from DonHarrold.net for providing the in-depth research and video highlighting the Cramer BS! And that’s what it is, BullSh*t!


The second hat tip goes to Adam from Daily Options Report who uploaded the YouTube video to his site, where I first viewed it.





Watch the video and understand what TheStreet.com is doing here. I mean, all credibility goes out the door if this is true and the image is not altered.


How many other lousy, losing stock picks does TheStreet.com erase from their website without anyone noticing? Do they really go back and toss out poor stock picks without telling the public? They should lose ALL journalistic credibility and ALL equity research credibility (if they had any to begin with).


I am glad people like Don Harrold keep an eye on the big guys because so many sheep do watch these shows and trade based off of what they say.


The second beef I have is the fact that Jim Cramer claims he was talking about Bear Stearns, the bank, and not the stock (BSC). Maybe he was because he does refer to the “liquidity” based on the caller’s question but I still have reservations.


I am wondering why a stock chart was uploaded on the screen if he was talking about Bear Stearns the bank and not the stock; they post these charts on the screen with every other stock analyzed.


Why too, did Jim forget to say the words “common stock” during the initial telecast? Let me guess: because he was talking about the stock just as he has been calling it a buy since last summer (the start of the big crash). The follow-up video of Cramer stresses the words “common stock” but he forgot to iterate this during the initial telecast. He has to be clearer considering he is speaking to an audience that takes his words at face value.


Anyway, I am wondering why the mainstream media or even competitors such as the Fox Business Network (or whatever it is called – I don’t watch these channels) isn’t calling out TheStreet.com and/ or Cramer.


I try not to be a Cramer basher but he’s such an easy target when he does stuff like this and his company does something so despicable. I leave the day-to-day nit-picking and bashing for others but I have to jump in and make it clear when something is very wrong (and involves a public company). I mean, I almost worked for TheStreet.com and Jim Cramer (I made it several rounds deep in the interviewing process to become a part of their equity research team). Fortunately for me, they went with the business school lad instead of the architecture grad.


(more...)



No comments: